To date, the IBioIC Industry Led Programme has supported 27 collaborative research projects with a total project value of over £6.9 million and an application success rate close to 50%.
The Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre (IBioIC) invites applications for industry-led collaborative research projects from businesses with a foothold in Scotland or those who can deliver inward investment to help stimulate Scotland’s Economy. Projects should focus on innovative applications to industrial biotechnology and address a real market need or commercial opportunity through collaborative knowledge exchange and research between Industry Members and at least one of Scotland’s talented HEI research teams.
Projects should be aligned to achieving Scotland’s National Plan for Industrial Biotechnology and provide innovative solutions in one or more the following key areas:
- Production of chemicals, intermediate chemicals, natural products and materials
- Production of peptides and proteins (e.g. recombinant biologics, enzymes, antibiotics
- Production of bioenergy and liquid or gaseous biofuels from sustainable biomass
- Use of enzymes / biocatalysts for new product development / improved process
- Cell factory construction and process physiology
- New or improved downstream processing for use in IB applications
- Integrated bioprocessing for complete utilisation of raw materials and manufacture of co-products.
To be considered for funding by IBioIC under this call, the following minimum criteria must be met:
1. The project must demonstrate a clear market need / commercial opportunity through the innovative use or application of biotechnology
2. The project must be championed and led by an IBioIC Leading or Core Industrial Member and should include at least one of IBioIC’s HEI Partners. The project may consist of any number of Industrial Members and HEI Partners.
3. The project must demonstrate an economic, societal or reputational benefit to Scotland.
For full call details or to find out more please see the resources section at https://www.ibioic.com/IB_Accelerator.htm
For further information on the call, funding or to receive an application pack please contact Johann Partridge on 0141 548 2563 (Johann.Partridge@ibioic.com).
Call - open now
Call closes - (12pm) 31st May 2017
Successful projects announced Autumn 2017
Samantha Reilly | Project Co-Ordinator
samantha.reilly@IBioIC.com | t:+44 (0)141 548 5940 |
Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre www.IBioIC.com