SCI is continuing to focus on our renewed sense of purpose, as a multi-science and multi-disciplinary society, serving the diverse sectors in the modern chemistry-using industry.
Our charitable objective is to work at the interface between science and industry, supporting and promoting innovation and industry for the benefit of society.
To achieve this, SCI needs the support and involvement of its active and dedicated members. If you feel you have relevant experience and a passion for promoting scientific innovation – and if you would be willing to help SCI build its future in the space where science meets business – please do consider standing for election. The Board of Trustees is keen to ensure diversity of representation across gender, race and age.
The following positions are available:
- 6 Ordinary Members of the Board of Trustees
- 1 Chair of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- 6 Ordinary Members of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- 1 Ordinary Member of the Membership Committee (MC)
- 1 Ordinary Member of the Publications Committee (PC)
- 2 Ordinary Members of the Early Career Committee (ECC)
Board of Trustee Nominations
All nominees for Trustees must provide two complete Trustee Sponsor Forms (SCI/WW290) in addition to the Nomination Form (SCI/WW283). Both sponsors need to be a fully paid up SCI Members in good standing, and one must be currently serving on BoT, FIAC, the Membership Committee (MC) or Publications Committee (PC) at the time of the nomination being submitted.
New in 2019!
- Recognising the importance of these roles you will be required to submit a brief (no more than 2-pages) CV to demonstrate all relevant skills and experience.
- We are delighted to let you know that this year, we are opening nominations for 2 elected members to join the Early Careers Committee.
Electronic voting is now the default option for voting in the SCI election. The electronic voting system allows you to register your vote online quickly, with all the required documents being available to review as you go through the online voting process.
Postal voting will be limited to those who have previously registered for it. Postal voting will still be available to those who have registered for it following our recent communications.
Nominations are now open and will close at 9:00 am on Monday 13th May. Please complete and return the Nomination Form with your CV and a photograph of yourself to AGM@soci.org before this deadline. Completed Trustee Sponsor Forms must also be received by this date.
- SCI/WW282 SCI Election Guidance Notes
- SCI/WW281 SCI Nomination Procedure
- SCI/WW285 SCI Nomination Form
- SCI/WW283 SCI BoT Nomination Form
- SCI/WW284 SCI BoT Sponsors Form
- SCI/WW290 Role of the SCI Board of Trustees
- SCI/WW286 Trustee Eligibility Declaration
- SCI/WW291 Terms of reference for the Finance and Investments Committee (FIAC)
- SCI/WW292 Terms of reference for Membership Committee (MC)
- SCI/WW293 Terms of reference for Publications Committee (PC)
- SCIWW353 Terms of reference for Early Careers Committee (ECC)
- SCI/NN086 Code of Ethics 2019
- AGM 2019 Nominations Flyer