21 March 2013
The Agri-Food Hub in collaboration with Campden BRI and Cranfield University hosted 'Waste Not Want Not; Agri-Food Waste Solutions for a Hungry World' on 5 March 2013 at SCI HQ, London.
This event attracted over 50 delegates and encouraged discussion on a variety of agri-food waste solutions and current problems.
Speakers from various food organisations, such as Defra, WRAP and J.S.Sainsbury came together to contribute in this important discussion.
Available Conference Papers
- Food waste - the policy perspective, Jo Bray, Defra
- Lose less, feed more: a global perspective on food waste and its reduction, Philippa David, CABI
- Waste prevention in food and drink manufacture and retail - implementation and guidance, Estelle Herszenhorn, WRAP
- Towards zero food and packaging waste to landfill, David Bellamy, Food and Drink Federation
- Cutting waste on farm: ways to reduce losses in crop stores, Adrian Cunnington, AHDB Potato Council
- Fruit and vegetable resource maps, Leon Terry, Cranfield University
- Turning waste problems into valuable opportunities across the agri-food chain, Tim Foster, University of Nottingham
- Waste management: planning and practice, Chris Knight, Campden BRI