This year, the annual SCI Canada Awards Event will be held on 18 April 2023 at the Doubletree Hilton Hotel, downtown, Toronto.
This prestigious event brings together key members of the chemical and industrial community to celebrate the achievements of both the SCI Canada Award Winners and Student Merit Award Winners. The Awards dinner is a renowned networking event that is pivotal in bringing science and business together by enhancing connections between industry, chemical science and engineering professionals across the board.
An exclusive seminar will take place as part of the awards event with the theme ‘Unlocking the potential of Science Talent enabling impact on Canada’s economic growth’. The seminar will explore specific Canadian government programmes, the policies that help promote Canada’s science talent development and how these enable economic growth, whilst also positioning Canada as a global leader in technology and innovation. Panellists will include Rory Francis, Executive Director, PEI Bioalliance (Purvis Memorial Award winner, 2023), Dr Alison Ewart, Dean of Center for Research & Innovation at Fanshawe College and Professor Howard Alper, Distinguished Professor at University of Ottawa.
- Canada Medal: Dr Paul Smith, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Purvis Memorial Award: Rory Francis, PEI BioAlliance
- LeSueur Memorial Award: Dr Rupert Spence, DuPont Canada
- International Award: Dr Vaikuntam Iyer Lakshmanan OC, Process Research ORTECH Inc
- Julia Levy: Prof. Pieter Cullis, The University of British Columbia
- Kalev Pugi Award: Prof. Francesca Kerton, Memorial University
- Outreach Award: Prof. Geoffrey Rayner-Canham, Chaim Christiana Andersen and Rosalina Naqitarvik, Grenfell Campus, Memorial University
SCI Canada Student Merit Award winners will also be honoured at this event, celebrating the highest achieving students in the final year of chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering undergraduate programmes.
Join us at the SCI Canada Awards dinner.