This meeting aims to showcase vignettes of modern medicinal chemistry to bring new thinking to the subject, challenge perceptions and encourage scientific interaction between researchers. The short presentation format of the meeting also aims to provide a focused forum to promote examples of medicinal chemistry excellence.
This meeting is targeted at academic and industrial scientists engaged in all aspects of the drug discovery process and those interested in broadening their knowledge at the forefront of medicinal chemistry.
Day 1 - 23 November 2016
- Registration and refreshments
- Opening remarks
- The realisation of activity-directed synthesis Prof Adam Nelson, University of Leeds
- Structure-based design of drug-like macrocycles to probe the role of MTH1 in cancer Dr Jason Kettle, AstraZeneca
- Refreshment break
- Development of novel, selective and irreversible PI3K inhibitors Mr Samuel Dalton, University of Strathclyde, GlaxoSmithKline
- Discovery of the first cell-active inhibitors of poly(ADP ribose) glycohydrolase (PARG) through high-throughput screening and computational approaches Dr Kate Smith, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute
- Discovery of a small molecule that mitigates hearing loss in a model of Usher syndrome III Dr Karine Malagu, Discovery from Charles River
- Discovery of novel TACE inhibitors for topical treatment of psoriasis Dr Gilles Ouvry, Galderma
- Discovery of CCT251921: A potent, selective and orally bioavailable small molecule modulator of the mediator complex-associated kinases CDK8 and CDK19 Dr Aurélie Mallinger, The Institute of Cancer Research
- Increasing solubility for free Dr Timothy Ritchie, TJR-Chem
- Refreshment break
- Extracting actionable knowledge from large scale in vitro pharmacology data Dr Al Dossetter, MedChemica
- Receptor kinetics vs CNS exposure: which is more important for a ghrelin inverse agonist Dr William McCoull, AstraZeneca
- Chemical probes for epigenetic proteins Prof Paul Brennan, University of Oxford
- Closing remarks
- Wine reception
Venue and Contact
Early Bird fee - before 7 October 2016
GB£90 . . . . . . . . . SCI Member
Standard fee - from 7 October 2016
GB£40. . . . . . . . . .SCI Student Member
GB£130 . . . . . . . . Non Member
GB£110. . . . . . . . .SCI Member
GB£50. . . . . . . . . .SCI Student Member
GB£155. . . . . . . . .Non Member
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
For booking terms and conditions click here.
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
Joanne Pinder, SCI/Vertex Pharmaceuticals Eur Ltd
Sarah Major, SCI/Evotec (UK) Ltd
Iain Simpson, SCI/AstraZeneca
Mihiro Sunose, SCI/Sygnature Discovery Ltd
Nigel Swain, SCI/Pfizer
If you are interested in in sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.